There may be affiliate links throughout the content you're about to read. When you purchase from my links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which helps me provide even more awesome content for you :)
I’m back with a new suitcase review, that of the Level 8 Gibraltar Aluminum carry-on luggage and let me tell you – this is the most beautiful suitcase I’ve ever owned.
If you’ve been reading a few posts on The Working Line, you might already know I’ve been living the digital nomad lifestyle for a few years now.
I’m currently settled between Rome and London, and needless to say, I need proper suitcases when I travel – because I travel a lot!
Those looking for the best aluminum suitcase brands to travel internationally should know about the Level 8 brand, and fortunately, I’ll tell you all about them in this complete review of the Gibraltar luggage!
I’ve already reviewed here a couple of the Level 8 luggage sets so I know about the quality of the materials used by the brand.
The Grace luggage set in Champagne is a beautiful, sophisticated set to take everywhere with you, for instance, from the elegant carry-on to the check in suitcase.
The Luminous Textured luggage set is also a great choice if you’d rather go for something sleek, black, and just as sturdy if you’re looking for a suitcase to take for international travel.
But if I had to choose my favorite, it would be the one I’m about to review for you today, the Gibraltar luggage, which comes in a carry-on format.
Keep reading and you’ll find here everything you need to know about Level 8, from the brand’s background to the Gibraltar suitcase details, and much more!
Level 8 Gibraltar Luggage Review: Brand Story & Concept
Minimalist lifestyle lovers, Level 8 is a brand to know.
Established in New York City in 2008, it’s in my opinion one of the best luggage brands in the world because of their acute attention to detail.
‘Nothing more, nothing less’ is a core value of the American luggage brand, which aspires to make travel less of a burden.
And before you’re able to learn how to pack a suitcase, you need to have a good suitcase to follow you around.
The only trouble you’d have with the Level 8 luggage is, really, that you have to choose only one, or one set.
While most people do not collect suitcases, these are such beautiful products that I wouldn’t see an issue with collecting the Level 8 suitcases.
Then again, I’m the kind of woman who loves collecting things.
However, with luggage ‘sleek and simple in design and expertly crafted with durable, quality materials’, one is enough to last you years – and that’s even truer with the Gibraltar luggage.
Level 8 Gibraltar Luggage Review: Suitcase Details & Information
What’s interesting about the Level 8 Gibraltar luggage is that it pushes the art of traveling even further than other brands.
Made from German-made Makrolon® polycarbonate, the Gibraltar Aluminum suitcase is a carry-on that measures 20 inches and therefore perfect to fit in airplanes’ overhead compartments.
Here are some of the Gibraltar luggage’s features summed up to help you understand the product better:
- Made with Aerospace-grade aluminum magnesium alloy and a hard shell
- Ultra-quiet 360° durable spinner wheels
- Slow-release handles for noise-free use and hand protection
- Dual TSA-approved locks
In addition, when you purchase the Level 8 Gibraltar luggage you also get three items in the parcel:
- a Dust Cover
- a Luggage Tag (RRP $29.99)
- and a 4-piece Packing Cube Travel Set ($49.99), which I’ll review at the end of this post
Let me just start by saying that if you’re looking for the best aluminum suitcase ever, Level 8 does not fall short – the Gibraltar luggage is aesthetically incredible.
As I wrote at the beginning of this review, we’ve written about two of the brand’s luggage sets here on The Working Line, and I was already very much impressed with the quality of the materials…
And the suitcases’ details.
I’ve then also tried the Level 8 Voyageur Set, and immediately fell in love with the colors and textures of the suitcases.
But it’s nothing compared to the Gibraltar luggage, which is not only amazing because of its carry-on size, but also because of the many, many details which range from the two locks to the sleek aluminum.
The first time friends came over and saw the Gibraltar luggage at my place, one of them asked me if I worked for the CIA – and it’s not a long shot considering how protected your belongings are with this suitcase.
My favorite part of the Gibraltar luggage is the handle with its slow-release system – it feels oh-so-sturdy and trustworthy.
I am not sure any of the Level 8 suitcases feature wheels that are not 360-degree spinner wheels, as all the sets I’ve reviewed so far do have four wheels.
When using such a piece of luggage, you’re not dragging it, you’re holding hands with it.
Level 8 Gibraltar Luggage Review: Inside the Suitcase
Before I show you the inside of the suitcase, let’s stop for a moment to enjoy the beauty of the locks.
The opening system is interactive and really does make you feel like you’re about to fill in the suitcase with mounds of cash, à la action movie.
The inside of the Gibraltar luggage pushes boundaries of suitcase-making even further – no expense has been spared when it comes to the details.
Small hooks adorn the inside of the suitcase and are very easy to attach and detach to prevent clothes and accessories from spilling around when the Gibraltar luggage is up right.
When you open the suitcase for the first time, you’ll find the Packing Cube Travel Set carefully nestled inside, another very useful addition to the Gibraltar luggage.
I’ve actually reviewed the Level 8 Packing Cube Travel Set in my review of the Grace Luggage Set, and my thoughts have only improved from the first time I’ve used the cubes.
The usual retail price of the Packing Cube Travel Set is $49.99, and for this price, you get a large packing cube which fills in the length of a carry-on suitcase as well as three smaller cubes.
Made from two-tone polyester, the cubes are described as follows:
- A Garment Cube
- A Journey Cube (for Footwear or Worn Attire)
- An Electronics Cube
- And a Grooming & Beauty Essentials Pouch
Crafted to resist the elements, the packing cubes are waterproof and fight mildew. If there’s one thing I can say, it’s that the ‘Journey Cube’ made for dirty clothes is the perfect size for my Macbook Air.
During my last trip to my hometown, Troyes in France, this was the only cube I took with me, and my laptop never suffered any damage even if it never stopped raining for the whole trip.
The rubber tags are a smart addition to the Level 8 Packing cubes and are easily detachable.
They help you identify quickly the pouch you need when you’re on the go and do make traveling that much more enjoyable.
The pictures of the Level 8 Gibraltar luggage speak for themselves, and truthfully, words can hardly describe how excited I am about this sophisticated aluminum suitcase.
The addition of the packing cubes is a smart move from the brand, and shows they really care about helping tourists, digital nomads and frequent travelers make the most out of their suitcases.
The Gibraltar luggage has a lifetime warranty which, honestly, I don’t think I’m ever going to need, but it’s always good to know and a sweet touch from Level 8.
Level 8 Gibraltar Luggage Review, The Best Aluminum Suitcase
Need I really say more?
After I reviewed the Grace luggage set and we also published the Luminous Textured Luggage set review, I was really excited to see more from Level 8.
The brand currently also has Black Friday deals going on which will help you save more on trustworthy luggage; 20% off with code BF20 and as always, free shipping to the USA, UK, Canada and Europe…
Although, really, these elegant suitcases are worth every single penny!
Until next time!
Other Travel Posts
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Rome
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Paris
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Istanbul
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Edinburgh
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Dubai
- The Prettiest Neighborhoods in Rome
- The Prettiest Neighborhoods in Paris
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Istanbul
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Edinburgh
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Lisbon
- The Best Hidden Gems in Barcelona
Other London Travel
- How to Spend 24 Hours in London
- How to Save Money on Groceries in London
- How to Live in London on a Budget
- How to Eat in London on a Budget
- The Most Secret Beaches in London
- The Best Free Views in London
- The Best Hidden Gems in Oxford Street
- The Best Hidden Gems in West London
- The Best Hidden Gems in South London
- The Best Hidden Gems in North London
- The Best Hidden Gems in Brick Lane
- The Best Hidden Gems in Soho
- The Best Things to Do in Canary Wharf
- The Best Things to Do in London Bridge
- The Best Things to Do in Camden Town
- The Best Things to Do in London When It Rains
- The Most Colorful Places in London
- The Most Colorful Streets in Camden
- The Most Colorful Streets in Notting Hill
- Why Are There Colorful Streets in London
- Camden Passage, London’s Best Hidden Gems
- Chalcot Square, Primrose Hill’s Colorful Houses
Other London Shopping
- The Best British Drugstore Makeup Brands
- The Best Cheap Makeup Shops in London
- The Best Cheap Clothes Shops in London
- The Best Shopping Centers in London
- The Best Budget Shops in London
- The Best Candle Shops in London
- The Best British Shops in London
- The Best TK Maxx in London
- The Best Secondhand Bookshops in London
- The Most Beautiful Bookshops in London
- The Best Stationery Shops in London
- Poundland Makeup Gallery Cosmetics Review
Other London Food
- The Best Doughnuts in London
- The Best Bagels in London
- The Best Macarons in London
- The Best Ice Cream in London
- The Best French Patisseries in London
- The Most Aesthetic Restaurants in London With Statues
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in London
- The Cutest Pink Cafes in London
- The Best Hot Chocolate in London
- The Best Colorful Lattes in London
- The Most Maximalist Restaurants in London
- The Most Instagrammable Restaurants in London
- The Best Cheap Pizza in London
- The Best Neapolitan Pizza in London
- The Best Restaurants in Knightsbridge