There may be affiliate links throughout the content you're about to read. When you purchase from my links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which helps me provide even more awesome content for you :)
There are a lot of amazing things to do in Soho, London, from art to dining, and from shopping to nightlife – when you’re visiting London, this neighborhood is a must!
If you love streetwear shops, there are a good couple in Soho you’ll love to visit.
What do I hear? You’d rather spend time in a cute pink cafe?
With Elan Cafe on Wardour Street, you’ll be served.
You can also find some of the best croissants in London as well as super instagrammable desserts in various shops that span from Soho to Chinatown and Covent Garden…
So if you’ve been wondering what to do in Soho, where to eat and what to see, keep reading!
10 Best Things to Do in Soho London, From Food to Shops
Soho is the very neighborhood in which you’ll be able to discover true London culture at heart.
I’m not saying that a visit to the ruins of St Dunstan in the East and the colorful Chalcot Square in Primrose Hill won’t teach you anything.
But from food, shops, nightlife, galleries, and greenery enchanting squares to beautiful cafes and pastries found in bakeries all over Chinatown, Soho really is full of surprises.
Lively, colorful, filled with cute Italian cafes like Bar Italia and stunning French patisseries… It’s a must-visit area!
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Carnaby Street
Whenever you’re in Soho or the nearby area, there’s no denying that one of the best places to visit is Carnaby Street.
This is an iconic shopping street known for trendy boutiques and fashion stores with unique items, like the colorful shop Irregular Choice, very quirky and British.
Located in the heart of Soho, Carnaby Street makes for one of the most instagrammable places in London.
You have a couple of cool makeup shops on Carnaby Street, as well as Liberty of London, one of the city’s most influential department stores.
Most people don’t come to Carnaby only for its blooming colours and stores but also for the food, events, festivals and beautiful street art and decorations.
That’s right – think of cozy cafes and wonderful restaurants (MotherMash is a must-visit!) in a street that becomes a hotspot for Christmas lights and decorations around the end of November.
Best Things to Do in Soho London: West End Theatre
In the heart of Soho rests the famous London West End, so come one come all to enjoy theatre productions and check out some of the best shows in all of the UK!
Soho is home to a large concentration of theaters, including the famous Prince Edward Theatre, Palace Theatre and many more!
The West End has been the background of many an iconic play in London for decades, and here, you will able to catch long-running hits like Matilda, Wicked, Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Lion King.
It’s recommended to book your tickets in advance, either from the theatre box offices, online platforms or authorized ticket sellers.
There are a few ways to get cheap theater tickets in London, by becoming a seat filler with platforms like Central Tickets, for instance.
Visiting the West End is not ‘just for the show’ but an actual complete experience of watching a live performance, but also the wonderful range of cafes and restaurants nearby.
Also, a few minutes’ walk away, you have all the cool statues in Leicester Square – must-see as well!
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Covent Garden
Make sure to visit Covent Garden if you’re near Soho for an experience filled with performers, the famous Apple Market, shops, cafes, and so much more!
Covent Garden is a busy and historic place in the heart of London made of a few very cute streets and a piazza bordered by many candle, makeup, stationery and jewelry shops.
You have quite a few beautiful cobblestone streets in London, but those found in Covent Garden make for the perfect photo spot.
The former fruit and veggie market has been turned into a bustling place which hosts a mix of high-street stores and designer boutiques like Moleskine, Apple store and Charlotte Tilbury.
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Mina Lima
I’ve written about House of MinaLima before, and I could keep doing it for a while.
Honestly, a whole article would be needed to portray enough the wholesome work Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Lima are famous for.
MinaLima is a magical immersive Harry Potter shop in the heart of Soho, and we owe to the duo the captivating design of art behind the Harry Potter films.
That’s right – this is one of the best Harry Potter things to do in London, and if you’re a Potterhead, you’ll enjoy the visit very much!
The two graphic designers responsible for the marvelous work on the Harry Potter film saga bring us an exhibition and gallery-shop where you will able to check a wide range of graphic designs used for the movies.
Book covers, magical newspapers, labels, products, packages, and so much more – you will also be able to shop a selection of limited-edition prints, stationery and merch!
The shop hosts special events, workshops and book signings featuring the artists themselves, so it’s definitely something you want to do when walking around Soho!
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Chinatown
Chinatown is located in the heart of Soho, and there are so many amazing restaurants in Chinatown that I wouldn’t even know where to begin.
Trying the famous fish-shaped pastry Taiyaki at Chinatown Bakery seems like a good start, along with some Volcano Chicken at Good Friend Chicken.
You also have a few really cool shops in Chinatown where you can shop for some souvenirs, but really, the best thing to do there is eating.
And eating some more.
Think of all the places you will get to try, dim sum at Beijing Dumpling, amazing bubble tea and bao buns at Chinese Tapas House…
Of course, if you’re looking for new photo spots in London, the Chinese arches make for an amazing background!
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Dine in Soho’s Restaurants
Just because you leave Chinatown doesn’t mean you won’t be able to eat well – Soho boasts an incredibly vast array of restaurants offering traditional and international cuisines.
Polpo, an Italian restaurant inspired by Venetian Bacaros offers a stunning variety of small plates and classic Italian dishes.
The Palomar, a Middle Eastern restaurant that offers modern Jerusalem-style cuisine with a grand atmosphere, is another good place to try for its vibrant flavors!
Viet Soho offers some of the best pho in London, and is one of the restaurants you have to try in Central London.
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Soho Square & Art Galleries
Soho is like Rome, an open-air museum, but it also hosts some of the best art galleries in London, like the Photographer’s Gallery and the Institute of Contemporary Arts.
Get a meal deal at Tesco or Sainsbury’s, sit down, and enjoy the moment of peace while eating or reading a good book.
Even the surrounding buildings are very traditional, unique and beautiful to look at.
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Nightlife
Soho is unique during the day, but its nightlife is what makes it special.
From events to a mix of traditional pubs, trendy bars, and clubs open late into the night, there are lots to do in Soho at night.
Just be careful while you’re roaming around London at night.
Some of the most famous clubs in Soho are the Windmill, a world of theatrical dining in Soho where there is no edge to the stage.
Think immersive theatre vibes here!
There’s also The Roxy and the St Moris Club, but if I’m being honest, my favorite thing to do in London at night is to go grab some street food.
There are no better places in my opinion than Franco Manca and Pizza Pilgrims, two of the best spots for cheap pizza in London, and both located within walking distance of one another!
Best Things to Do in Soho London: Vintage Shopping
Soho is famous for its vintage shops and all kinds of fashion shops, almost as much as Brick Lane, I’d say.
If nightlife is not your cup of tea – it’s not mine either, you still have amazing things to do in Soho during the day, and one of them is shopping.
It’s true that you also have lots of cool study cafes in Soho, if that’s the plan that day and you just want to find a couple of things to do after work.
But if you’re coming to find all the cool shops in Carnaby Street and Soho, you’ll be served.
You have Irregular Choice we’ve mentioned at the beginning of this post, MAC Cosmetics, Benefit and Too Faced, Dr Martens, Replay,…
Walk around, and you might find unique shoe shops and clothing brands that look like downright art galleries!
10 Best Things to Do in Soho London, From Food to Shops
There you have them, all the best things to do in Soho, London, whether you’re a digital nomad or a local!
Walking around the area, you’ll most likely come across lots of hidden gems in Soho and Carnaby Street, which range from the excellent Lavazza coffee shop to the ever-walking woman near Kingly Court.
You will find a little bit of everything for every age, taste, personality and wallet, so make sure you take your time to explore this place to its fullest and thoroughly enjoy the streets of London around Soho!
Until Next Time!
Other London Posts
- The Most Secret Gardens in London
- The Best Free Views in London
- The Most Secret Places to Visit in London
- The Most Colorful Places in London
- The Most Colorful Streets in Camden
- The Most Colorful Streets in Notting Hill
- The Most Secret Beaches in London
- Where to See Autumn Colors in London
- The Prettiest Neighborhoods in London
- The Prettiest Mews in London
- The Prettiest Streets in London
- The Prettiest Villages Inside London
- The Poshest Areas in London
- The Best Hidden Gems in London
- The Most Beautiful Churches and Temples in London
- The Most Beautiful Palaces and Castles in London
- The Best Hidden Gems in Oxford Street
Other London Shopping
- The Best Candle Shops in London
- The Best Budget Shops in London
- The Best Shops on Oxford Street
- The Best Makeup Shops in London
- The Best Shops for Cheap Makeup in London
- The Best Shopping Centers in London
- The Best Second Hand Bookshops in London
- The Best Things to Buy in London
- How to Save Money on Groceries in London
Other London Food Posts
- The Best Cinnamon Buns in London
- The Best Ice Cream in London
- The Best Macarons in London
- The Best Croissants in London
- The Best Doughnuts in London
- The Best Vegan Doughnuts in London
- The Best Cupcakes in London
- The Best Cookies in London
- The Best Bagels in London
- The Cutest Bakeries in London
- The Best French Patisseries in London
- The Best Vegan Bakeries in London
- The Best Gluten Free Bakeries in London
- The Best Halal Steaks in London
- The Best Halal Burgers in London
- The Best Halal Korean BBQ in London
- The Best Halal Thai in London
- The Best Halal Pho in London
Other Travel Posts
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Paris
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Rome
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Edinburgh
- The Most Instagrammable Places in NYC
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Lisbon
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Istanbul
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Edinburgh
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Paris
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Rome
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in NYC
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Dubai
- The Most Instagrammable Cafes in Istanbul
- The Best Bakeries in Paris
- The Best Bakeries in Rome
- The Best Hidden Gems in Rome
- The Best Maritozzi in Rome
- The Most Colorful Cities in Europe
- The Most Colorful Cities in the World
- The Best Digital Nomad Cities in Europe
- The Prettiest Pink Places in the World
- The Best Packing Tips for Digital Nomads